[Seaside][VW] Porting 2.6a2 - WAHtmlAttributes

Avi Bryant avi.bryant at gmail.com
Sun Jan 22 06:04:16 CET 2006

On Jan 21, 2006, at 7:14 AM, Marco Qualizza wrote:
>    id := (html attributes at: 'id' ifAbsent: [ 'id' -> 'default-
> id' ]) value
>

>    is, at least according to the Dictionary API, exactly what you'd
> expect...  (#at:ifAbsent: evaluates the block and returns the
> result...)
Yes, but what's strange is the (implicit) assumption that the
#attributes dictionary is going to return an association rather than
just the value.  This definitely needs to be fixed.  The reason it
hasn't been yet is just that I've been hesitant to break code that
(like the example Michel posted) relies on it being wrong.  I guess
we should just suck it up and break it now.

BTW, Michel, I've been a bit busy and haven't been properly tracking
the changes you've been making to support the VW port.  If you send
me an email summarizing them I'll work to integrate them into the
mainline (or will it be obvious enough if I just read through the
commit logs?)

Avi