[Seaside] Seaside 2.6 Example?

Jeremy Shute shutej at crazilocks.com
Tue Jan 24 21:10:35 CET 2006

It isn't just simpler to use, it's vastly preferable because it has a much
cleaner interface.  Too bad no one can figure out how to use it without
referring to Pier...  (I had to use Pier, myself, in order to figure this
out.)

Essentially the steps are:

1.  Augment your WAComponent to declare that it's rendered with a
different class:

WAComponent>>rendererClass
  ^ WARenderCanvas

...notice it's "rendererClass", not "renderClass", which had me kicking my
computer for a good 10 minutes.

2.  Augment your WAComponent>>renderContentOn: method to actually use the
canvas...

WAComponent>>renderContentOn: html
  (html div) with: [
    html text: 'Hello World!'
  ]

Remember that the "with:" message "paints" the brush (chain all
modifications before it, otherwise they won't appear), and go tromping
through the Seaside-Canvas and Seaside-Canvas-Tags categories to figure
out what's supported...

Good luck,

Jeremy