[Seaside] Automatic Object Storage To MySQL

Avi Bryant avi.bryant at gmail.com
Wed Jan 25 22:16:29 CET 2006

On Jan 25, 2006, at 12:40 PM, William Harford wrote:

> I don't mean to get to far off topic but I figured some people on
> this mailing list might be interested.

Thanks, Will.  I don't think it's off topic - persistence is a fairly
common thing to discuss on this list.

This is great work to have going on.  It reminds me of ReStore for
Dolphin - have you looked at that at all?
http://www.solutionsoft.co.uk/restore/

It would also be interesting (to me, anyway) to see if there was some
natural integration possible between this and ROE.  Though I guess
this is focused on MySQL (for now? How specific is it?), whereas ROE
is focused on PostgreSQL.

Another model that might be useful inspiration (in that people seem
to like it) is ActiveRecord from Rails.

Can you show us some code snippets of example use?

Avi