[Seaside] Automatic Object Storage To MySQL

Lukas Renggli renggli at gmail.com
Wed Jan 25 22:23:14 CET 2006

Hi Will,

> I would love to get some feedback or see if there is any interest in
> this sort of thing. The implementation in my mind is not important
> but I think the idea of automatic Object to Relational mapping is.

sure, I am very much interested into this.

> I have written some code that allows automatic storage of Objects to
> a MySQL database without the developer having to write any SQL or
> create a single table. It does this by examining the objects i-vars
> creating a table and saving them to a database biased on what it finds.

I wonder why you are trying to guess the i-vars? Wouldn't it be much
more powerful to have a meta-model (like Magritte) where you could
specify what and how to store the values of a model? I think the code
could also benefit from a propre description, so that you could avoid
all those long manual type-checks with the nested #ifThen: clauses.

What about the performance of your library?

Cheers,
Lukas

--
Lukas Renggli