[Seaside] Automatic Object Storage To MySQL

William Harford seaside at harford.org
Thu Jan 26 01:17:41 CET 2006

On 25-Jan-06, at 7:02 PM, Blanchard, Todd wrote:

> I would encourage you to keep the MySQL-specific stuff in its own
> classes that can be swapped to support additional databases. (I
> specifically avoid mysql in favor or Postgres for a bunch of
> reasons - licensing among them).

I would tend to agree. In my organization this is not much of a
concern and would fall midway on my priority list but I would
encourage and help anyone with abstracting out the DB stuff.

I don't do anything fancy in fact I think it would work with MySQL 3
as well (i have not tested it) so I don't think it would be very
difficult.

Thanks
Will