[Seaside] Seaside page design question

Dmitry Dorofeev dima-sender-3c337a at yasp.com
Tue Jan 24 16:00:06 CET 2006

Bruno BB (st) wrote:

>> Note, that in this way you completely missed the power of seaside. So
>> either
>> you need another tool, or you have not get concept of seaside yet.
>

> I do the web functionality and the designers (who do not know anything
> about Smalltalk) create  the  page skin.
> This is my context.
> But  if it can be done with CSS it's ok to me.

Exactly. CSS is the way to go. The nice thing about Seaside is that
designer may change CSS per component online with a browser !!!

The seaside project must run in test mode for that.
Designer should press 'Toggle Halos' in the Seaside toolbar on the rendered page
in his browser. Each component is decorated with toolbar. So designer may alter
CSS for each component and see result right after that. His changes will be stored
in style method for the changed component. So you may be surprised to see changes
you never made :-)

-Dmitry.