[Seaside] Automatic Object Storage To MySQL

William Harford seaside at harford.org
Thu Jan 26 22:19:37 CET 2006

On 26-Jan-06, at 4:07 PM, stephane ducasse wrote:

> I suggest you to have a look at Magritte.  You use a simple meta
> description to declare more information
> that is used everywhere.

Currently you can not specify field types. The field type is guessed
at the time of table creation from the contents of the i-var if nil
nothing is created. Shall we say lazy table creation ?

Specifying or more accurately allowing the support of more types is
top of the priority list but the object knowing how to store it's
self with out the programmer telling is the main goal of IOSPersistent.

> How do you handle relationships in your approach?

For IOSPersistent objects I use a lookup table. So an i-var that
contains an IOSPersistent object can at any time store any
IOSPersistent object or nil.

Other than nil i-vars can not change there types. Once a string
always a string in every instance unless you create a IOSPersistent
proxy object (it's easy to do).