[Seaside] Lost halo tool icons: Works in 2.5, lost in 2.6

itsme213 itsme213 at hotmail.com
Mon Jul 3 23:45:37 UTC 2006

> From: "Ramon Leon" <ramon.leon at allresnet.com>
> If you're new to Smalltalk, one big tip is to always keep a fresh image
> lying around so you can start over easily anytime you hose an image,
> which'll happen quite often at first, till you learn how to take care of
> one.

Thanks Ramon. I would certainly like to learn very quickly about this. Do
you mean just keeping a single image file (like Squeak3.8-6665full.image)
aside as a read-only copy, and start over with it when absolutely necessary?

I did a bunch of re-installs (brute force) and am pretty sure I am in a
pristine state.

When I run squeak and load up the Squeak 2.5 package, the halo tools are
back (yay!).

When I run the Seaside2.6.image the halo tools disappear.

Could someone else with Seaside2.6 check if it works OK for them? I am on
XP, in case that is relevant (I sure hope not).

Thanks!