[Seaside] Lost halo tool icons: Works in 2.5, lost in 2.6

Ramon Leon ramon.leon at allresnet.com
Mon Jul 3 23:53:18 UTC 2006

> Thanks Ramon. I would certainly like to learn very quickly
> about this. Do you mean just keeping a single image file
> (like Squeak3.8-6665full.image) aside as a read-only copy,
> and start over with it when absolutely necessary?
>
> I did a bunch of re-installs (brute force) and am pretty sure
> I am in a pristine state.
>
> When I run squeak and load up the Squeak 2.5 package, the
> halo tools are back (yay!).
>
> When I run the Seaside2.6.image the halo tools disappear.
>
> Could someone else with Seaside2.6 check if it works OK for
> them? I am on XP, in case that is relevant (I sure hope not).
>
> Thanks!

Yes, setup a clean image, then do a saveAs from the world menu, and use it
from there.  When you screw up an image, just reopen the clean one, do
another saveAs and continue from there.  As you learn what destroys an
image, you'll learn to avoid this and need to do it much less, if at all.
With great power, comes great responsibility, and Smalltalk will happily let
you blow your foot off if that's what you ask it to do.