[Seaside] Design question for Seaside applications

Damien Cassou damien.cassou at laposte.net
Mon Jul 10 09:33:59 UTC 2006

Hi,

I would like to guide to reader of my Seaside Book through the creation
of a blog application. I need the clearest design possible and something
that is usually found in Seaside applications to make the reader a good
Seaside developer.

So, the application has a title bar, a menu and a content. I would like
to change the content component depending on what the user is currently
doing (editing or viewing a blog). What is the best design for this ?

Currently, I have the root application that renders the title bar, the
menu and the content. The menu and the content know about the root
application. When a user click on the menu ('Create a new blog' for
example), the application change the content component to an editor
component. But, this component is just rendered as a sub-component of
the application, it is not called. So, to answer the modified blog
message, the editor can't use #answer: and directly sends a message to
the application : #editingDoneWithMessage:

Is it a good design ? What are you advices ?

Please, this is really important to teach good designed application and
I'm waiting for your advice. I'm sure you want this book to be a good
entry point to our world.

Thank you