[Seaside] Ajax live updates

Ramon Leon ramonleon at cox.net
Thu Jul 13 06:09:29 UTC 2006

> Mhh, this is sort of streaming that you do. I doubt it will work
> reliable, even if Seaside would sopport multiple requests per session
> (proxy-, client-timeouts).
>
> The solution would be to do short requests only :-)
>
> Fork the search within a separate process and poll for a result.
>
> Lukas

Good idea, only took a few minutes to hack it up, used a periodical,
with a high decay and a 2 second frequency. Fork during first render,
check for result on each callback, if nil, render hidden nextId to keep
decay down, if not nil render result and count on decay to stop polling
when it gets the same result twice.  Does exactly what I need.  Thanks,
sometimes a new point of view entirely changes the problem.