[Seaside] Inserting graphics with Seaside and VisualWorks

Carl Gundel carlg at libertybasic.com
Tue Jul 18 20:16:41 UTC 2006

I'm trying to use the same code that Seaside uses to insert graphics into my
Seaside application.  The following is used in a couple of places in Seaside
to inject a banner.

   html
      imageWithDocument: SeasidePlatformSupport seasideBanner
      mimeType: 'image/jpeg'
      fileName: 'seaside.jpg'.

The method seasideBanner returns an instance of ByteArray.  I have install a
jpeg in the form of a CachedImage by loading my jpeg file using:

     ImageReader imageFromFile: (OpenFileDialog new select) toClass:
RunBASIC selector: #banner

but the image does not show up when my app runs.  I guess that perhaps I
need to serve up my image as a ByteArray but I cannot seem to find any way
to produce the same format as the Seaside example has.

-Carl Gundel, author of Liberty BASIC
http://www.libertybasic.com