[Seaside] Updating code to Canvas API

Philippe Marschall philippe.marschall at gmail.com
Sat Jul 22 11:22:40 UTC 2006

2006/7/22, Damien Cassou <damien.cassou at laposte.net>:
> Avi Bryant wrote:

> >> Sure, sorry for not having been clear. I mean changing the code that
> >> use the old API to the new API, not removing the old API. For examples
> >> and other components.
> >>
> >> What do you think ?
> >
> > +1
>
> I'm doing this in 2.6b1, is it ok ?

I think we should find a consensus how much code we want to break.
Converting tools (eg. WALibraryBrowser) and examples (eg. WACounter)
is unlikely to break any client code. But once we start converting
stuff in 'Seaside-Components-Widgets' we might break client code that
subclasses these components.

For WATableReport there is a separate class for the canvas API. Is
this something we want for all the components or only the important
ones (WATableReport obviously, any others)?

We have only very few code that would be affected by this, so this
would be no problem for us but I don't know about others.

Philippe