[Seaside] Accented characters

Damien Cassou damien.cassou at laposte.net
Mon Jul 24 07:21:50 UTC 2006

Philippe Marschall wrote:
> Hi

Hi Philippe,

thank you very much for this very interesting resume of the different
possibilities.

Suppose I would like to use the third option which seems to be the
future ones:

> [... skipe lots of useful text...]
> external: utf-8
> internal: unicode (WideString)
> kom-adapter: WAKomEncoded
> This is probably the most sophisticated solution and requires >= 3.8.
> I don't know wheter you need to convert you literals but there's any
> easy way to find out ;). There were once said to be performance issues
> with this approach. I don't know wheter this holds still true. This
> approach also lets you directly index into strings and ask for their
> size.
> In gerenal this could use any external encoding supported by squeak
> (eg. utf-16) but WAKomEncoded would need to be adapted.

First I need to do is use WAKomEncoded. But I do not understand what I
need to do to use it in my application. Can you explain me please ?

Thanks