[Seaside] Accented characters

Damien Cassou damien.cassou at laposte.net
Mon Jul 24 09:36:48 UTC 2006

Philippe Marschall wrote:
> 2006/7/24, Damien Cassou <damien.cassou at laposte.net>:
>> Philippe Marschall wrote:
>> Ok, I wasn't clear at all, sorry. I understand I need to use
>> WAKomEncoded and how to use it. What I miss now is how to convert
>> strings from Seaside input to Squeak model and back. Thank you Philippe.
>
> You don't need to convert anything. If you use WAKomEncoded it does
> the converting. You just have to make sure that the strings that you
> give to seaside but don't come from seaside (literals) have the right
> encoding.

It doesn't work. I wrote a very simple task:

TestTask>>go
   | value |
   value _ self request: 'A string'.
   self inform: value.

I executed this:

WAKom stop.
WAKomEncoded  startOn: 8080.

And then I entered a simple 'ö' in the text input within firefox in
which utf-8 is selected.

This is the result of clicking the 'Ok' button:

"
   Internal Server Error
   Error: Invalid utf8 input detected
"

My image is 3.9b-7044 and I use Seaside2.6b1-dc.62

Any advice ?

Thank you