[Seaside] Accented characters

Damien Cassou damien.cassou at laposte.net
Tue Jul 25 20:00:53 UTC 2006

Philippe Marschall wrote:
> 2006/7/25, Philippe Marschall <philippe.marschall at gmail.com>:

>> within

>> 3.7.
>> etc,

>> WAKomEncoded
>> >
>> > Everything seems to work in 3.8 if you use WAKomEncoded. However, in
>> 3.9
>> > neither WAKomEncoded (which answers Invalid UTF-8 input) nor WAKom
>> > (which answers a '?') are working.
>>
>> Ok, the problem is that WAKom already does the utf-8 decoding of the
>> input fields (what WAKomEncoded was supposed to do). This is because
>> he sends #unescapePercents and this already does the utf-8 decoding in
>> 3.9.
>
> There is now Seaside2.6b1-pmm.65 a with an experimental WAKomEncoded
> for Squeak 3.9 called WAKomEncoded39. At least your example works.

Hey Philippe,

very great job. I tried lots of UTF-8 characters and everything worked
perfectly. Really great.

> A few notes about this:
> - does (should) not break any existing, working code. This includes 3.8
> and 3.7.
> - no changes in Squeak or Kom
> - no additional code, only this additional class

If I understand correctly your code, your WAKomEncoded39 use half of the
WAKom (for the answer) and half of WAKomEncoded (for the request).

> Getting WAKom to work is a bit trickier. I requires hacks, you can
> choose where.

Why one would need this if WAKomEncoded39 works ?

How can I install my image in seasidehosting using WAKomEncoded39 ? Is
it possible ?

Thanks