[Seaside] Accented characters

Philippe Marschall philippe.marschall at gmail.com
Tue Jul 25 20:34:47 UTC 2006

> If I understand correctly your code, your WAKomEncoded39 use half of the
> WAKom (for the answer) and half of WAKomEncoded (for the request).

No, the other way around. It uses WAKomEncoded for the response and
WAKom for the request since WAKom already automatically decodes the
request in 3.9

> > Getting WAKom to work is a bit trickier. I requires hacks, you can
> > choose where.
>

> Why one would need this if WAKomEncoded39 works ?

Well there are several possible reasons. Three come into my mind
- You already have a lot of utf-8 strings in the image, for example if
you're migrating from 3.7
- Your backend uses utf-8 (eg. PostgreS). utf-8 <-> WideString <->
utf-8 doesn't really make sense
- You don't believe in WideStrings

> How can I install my image in seasidehosting using WAKomEncoded39 ? Is
> it possible ?

Good question. Probably the best way is to way until Lukas is back
from holidays (next week) and hear what he and Avi (and other people)
think about it.

But then maybe we just ship it and revert it later if he has any
problems with it.

If you want it now rename WAKomEncoded to WAKomEncoded38 and
WAKomEncoded39 to WAKomEncoded and then select WAKomEncoded in the web
interface.

Philippe