[Seaside] Load balancing

Boris Popov boris at deepcovelabs.com
Tue Jul 25 23:21:29 UTC 2006

We're pretty much of the same school of thought on this one. We are planning
to run multiple headless images on multiple VMs on multiple ESX servers and
use Microsoft's Network Load Balancer in the Class-C network affinity mode
to distribute the incoming requests across the pool. But that's because
we're a Windows shop :) You could probably buy an appliance that does just
that and not have to worry about it at all, other than maintaining your
cluster of servers that actually serve the distributed stream of requests.
Really, this isn't anything specific to Seaside, you just want to keep the
statefulness of the server in mind when picking your affinity mode.

Cheers!

-Boris

--
+1.604.689.0322