[Seaside] Scriptalicious

Lukas Renggli renggli at gmail.com
Wed Jul 26 20:09:39 UTC 2006

> Hi, anyone know a way to update multiple elements on a page with a single
> ajax callback?

Yes, this is possible, but the approach is slightly different. I am on
holidays right now and have no computer with a Squeak image ready but
something like the following code should work. If you can`t make it
run within a week, I will be able to provide a tested example ...

html anchor
   onClick: (html evaluator
      callback: [ :script |
         script add: (script element id: 'id1'; update: 'bla bla').
         script add: (script effect id: 'id1'; appear).
         script add: (script element id: 'id2'; update: 'bla bla bla').
      ]

Basically the idea is to inject a script into the existing web-site
with the evaluator. I think in the latest version of scriptaculous
there is an example with an Accordeon Component that does exactly
this, but I am not entirely sure.

Cheers,
Lukas

--