[Seaside] style: not supported for Canvas' version of (htmllabel)?

Philippe Marschall philippe.marschall at gmail.com
Thu Jul 27 06:40:36 UTC 2006

Well I work on a slow, crappy, old VM and have never bitten by this
problem. So my priorities are a bit different. As seen by the code of
Rick, if you send a message to a closed tag, you will get an
exception, even if not the most useful one.

I can only speak for myself but rendering times are already in around
100ms. For me this is already the upper limit. I would not want that
to increase any more, not even in development mode.

I know that having helpful exceptions as early as possible is
important (even it most other Squeak developers disagree because that
would be Java style) but in this case I'd rather not slow down a hot
codepath. Instead I'd document it on the wiki or the FAQ. In general
more (or any) documentation about the Canvas API would be a good
thing. People keep asking the same questions again and again because
there is no documentation and examples use the old renderer.

And someone should inform Bruce Tate ;)

Philippe