[Seaside] SUTreeTest - Childless nodes

Lukas Renggli renggli at gmail.com
Thu Jul 27 16:52:59 UTC 2006

> In a second attempt I just rendererd a text string '...' as a
> placeholder below any node that didn't have children, and didn't assign
> a passenger to this placeholder list item, hoping that this will prevent
> the listitem from being moved away from the otherwise childless node.
> The idea was to keep that "fixed" list item as a place holder for future
> children. This didn't work, cause even with no passenger assigned, I was
> still able to move the placeholder, and once again this node was
> childless with no future prospects of having children :-(

Sortables and their extension to Trees are nice, as long as you don't
need something special. In my experience it can be extremly difficult
to use them in more complicated settings than the examples provided in
Seaside and the script.aculo.us test distribution.

> Any ideas and suggestions will be very welcome.

It is certinly simpler to write your own JavaScript handlers using
bare Draggable and Droppable prototypes than trying to customize
Sortables.

Cheers,
Lukas

--