[Seaside] Form processing question..

Rick Flower rickf at ca-flower.com
Thu Jul 27 17:42:18 UTC 2006

Hi all..

I've got a question for you all that I'm not sure how to handle in
Seaside..

If I've got a page that comes up with a bunch of links at the top (a
link menu of sorts to point to other object/pages) and a form for
updating contact info for the user below that, and if the user is
updating their contact info (using a Proxy -- WAModelProxy -- to update
the underlying object with their data in it)... But before they finish
and hit the submit button, they hit one of the links at the top of the
page.. Now, in this case, I want to clear out the contents from the
Proxy to ensure whatever crap they put into the fields is discarded and
effectively reverts back to the committed "real" object contents.
However, since they're not hitting the submit button, I can't use its
callback.. I suppose I could have each possible link on the linkbar
check to see if there was unfinished "work' and to clean it up, but
since that unfinished "work" was in a different object, it might be
tricky..

Are there any other means by which I can effectively gain control by the
"outgoing" (for lack of a better term) object but before the incoming
object gets its rendering method going?  Ideally, it would be nice if I
could register a callback with something like :

(html leavePage) callback: [...]

to have that code called before the user leaves the page behind..
Perhaps some sort of means exists to do such a task or am I out in left
field somewhere?

Thanks!

-- Rick