[Seaside] seaside on dreamhost

Benjamin Pollack benjamin.pollack at gmail.com
Sat Jul 29 18:19:25 UTC 2006

On 7/29/06, redblue last <redblueuser at gmail.com> wrote:
> Yes, but I'm interested in commercial applications involving a
> database. Also could Goods be run on dreamhost ?

The short answer to your question is that Dreamhost's normal plans do
not allow you to run private servers on their systems, so you would be
able to run neither GOODS nor Seaside. You'd really have to purchase a
virtual or dedicated server if that's the route you wished to pursue
with them. I would still encourage you to ask Dreamhost themselves in
their forums at http://discussion.dreamhost.com/. They're fairly
responsive, and if enough people ask, they will notice Seaside. They
may also give you a personal exemption, which I've heard they do from
time to time.

--Benjamin