[Seaside] Database Integration

Ramon Leon rleon at insario.com
Thu Jun 1 16:37:26 UTC 2006

> another, this is kind of important. As far as I can tell, at
> least, Seaside leaves the issue unaddressed. Is that because
> Smalltalk apps are less likely to *use* databases or because
> of capabilities built into Squeak/Smalltalk that can be taken
> advantage of without having to put more code into Seaside or
> is it in the planning stages or what?
>
> Dan

Bingo.... you can run directly on the image and never "need" a database
at all, rails wouldn't work without a database.  Even when using a
database, object databases tend to be par for the course, rather than
relational, so it still feels like running right out of the image and
the db stuff is out of the way.