[Seaside] Accessing the query from WATask?

David Shaffer cdshaffer at acm.org
Fri Jun 2 02:16:10 UTC 2006

Ken Causey wrote:

>I'd like to make use of WATask to model a process but part of the
>requirement is to grab a piece of the initial query to start out the
>process.  At the moment I can't find a way to do this.  Once again I'm
>using Seaside 2.5 in Squeak3.8.
>
>Ken

Normally I create my own subclass of WARenderLoopMain and override
start: (which is sent upon receiving a request w/o a valid session key)
so that I can select a different component to display based on the
request but you can probably just override the same-named method in a
session subclass if you have no need to change the root component.

David