[Seaside] Lightbox?

Lukas Renggli renggli at gmail.com
Tue Jun 6 14:28:31 UTC 2006

> I am having trouble with the lightbox: method.
> I re-implemented #inform: in my component to use #lightbox:
> instead of #call: It works fine except when both conditions
> below apply :
> (1) Using IE
> (2) The calling component has one or more select element(s).
> In such situations the select elements are not grayed out,
> are modifiable and are on top of the lightbox.
>
> Probably another IE annoyance, other browsers are OK.
> Does anyone know of the IE trick that would circumvent this ?

Yeah, this is a known problem with IE. This browser always put some
form elements on top, no matter of other elements with a higher
z-index. There are some ugly JavaScript hacks that hide those
elements, this is probably the only solution to this problem.

Try to add something along (untested, as I don't have IE):

html script: (SUSelector new
    name: 'select';
    do: [ :each | each element hide ])

Cheers,