[Seaside] Seaside and high-volume websites

Nevin Pratt nevin at bountifulbaby.com
Wed Jun 7 20:56:55 UTC 2006

Chris Cunnington wrote:
> Hi Nevin,
>
> I'd like to know something. Pretend I'm a reporter. What would you say to
> somebody from a newspaper asking you why you used the Seaside continuation
> server?
>
> Chris Cunnington

There's no other web development platform on the planet where
development time is more rapid.  And for a startup that doesn't have a
legacy software albatross to worry about, the development speed
difference can easily mean the difference between success and failure.
The fact that it is niche technology is actually an advantage for a
startup, because it just makes it easier to compete with the big boys.

And, like Paul Graham said about using Lisp for Yahoo Stores
development, "because I could" (paraphrased).

Nevin