[Seaside] Wrong URLs with Internet Explorer (again)

Keith Hodges keith_hodges at yahoo.co.uk
Mon Jun 12 22:51:28 UTC 2006

Keith Hodges wrote:
> I just tried loading Seaside 2.6b1-mb36 into my image and got an error
> that I do not think is related.
>
> It looks like NetworkHost nameString fails if the name is an
> unqualified numeric ip address, i.e. an ordered collection of 4 bytes.
>
> Keith
I am not sure if it was on loading the package or not, I think it was
handling an http request at the time. Sorry but I was on a university
computer, and in their infinite wisdom they decided to reboot various
servers at 5pm in the middle of my 2 hour demo session!

My feeling is that it is not to do with your package because the bug is
in Komanche code. I fixed it with

by changing

nameString
    ^ String streamContents: [ :str |
            self name do: [:nm | str nextPutAll: nm] separatedBy: [str
nextPut: $.] ]

nameString
    ^ String streamContents: [ :str |
            self name do: [:nm | str nextPutAll: nm asString ]
separatedBy: [str nextPut: $.] ]

I find this curious because the original code is obviously expecting to
join some items together with some dots, and I would have thought that
the most common item would be a SmallInteger.

When the error occured NetworkHost-fullName was already equal to the ip
address in string form, and name was in OrderedCollection of 4 bytes form.

Keith