[Seaside] inline or link to styles and scripts

Keith Hodges keith_hodges at yahoo.co.uk
Tue Jun 13 13:54:46 UTC 2006

Dear Richard,

I am attempting to add a stylesheet tool to pier, using pier.

Where I am in the heirarchy of pier will determine the stylesheet that
is sent. Since my earlier email I have got this working and I am quite
chuffed with it.

So, the StyleLibrary is a bit static for this, and from what I can tell
uses the inline approach (the styles end up in <style>...</style>
tags.), but lukas has put an "@import ..." in there which I suspect may
cache the stylesheet in the browser.

At the moment I am dynamically generating my stylesheet and sending it
inline, image urls are passed using WADocumentHandler, which gets called
every time to generate the urls on the fly.

I am sure that there is a lot to do to improve efficiency through
caching. At present there is no reason why the stylesheet cannot be
cached when the user saves the stylesheet editing page (unless once the
session expires my image urls go stale)

so, would linkToStyle: referencing a text document served by
WADocumentHandler be better than the above?

Keith