[Seaside] inline or link to styles and scripts

Michel Bany michel.bany at gmail.com
Tue Jun 13 14:52:34 UTC 2006

On 13 Jun 2006, at 16:11 , Keith Hodges wrote:

> Now I can answer my on question, it is taking more than 3 seconds
> to render a page if the style is sent every time!
>>
>> so, would linkToStyle: referencing a text document served by
>> WADocumentHandler be better than the above?
>>
>> Keith

Using WAStyleLibrary does it all for you, it generates the html link
to the style sheet, the url,
the WADocumentHandler with the proper content-type and expiry, etc.
(Have a look at #writeStyle:on:).
As a result it should take advantage of caching by the navigator and
it should not take 3 seconds.
The same applies to WAScriptLibrary and to the #style and #script
methods. Like Richard I recommend
using WAScriptLibrary.

HTH
Michel.