[Seaside] Link'ed resources come in via new sessions?

Avi Bryant avi.bryant at gmail.com
Mon Jun 26 19:06:47 UTC 2006

On Jun 26, 2006, at 11:02 AM, Boris Popov wrote:

> Hmm, I guess I really don't understand what _s and _k signify as
> changing
> handlerField to _k broke a few things with semantically invalid
> redirects :)
> Any pointers on where I could read up more on these?

_s references the specific RequestHandler registered with the
application.  If this is a Session, then _k references the specific
continuation within that session.  _k is meaningless for any other
kind of handler.

The _s for the session can be stored in cookies, but not the _s for
any other handler.  The reason the stylesheets etc are separate
request handlers rather than being within the session is a) they
should be cached longer than an individual session's lifetime and b)
sessions can only process one request at a time and you want the
browser to be getting styles and scripts in parallel.

Avi