[Seaside] WARenderLoopMain subclass #start: and expiring sessions

William Harford seaside at harford.org
Tue Jun 27 17:33:11 UTC 2006

An application I am working on used the URL to keep track of the
current location a user is in the application. It does this by
appending /NUMBER to the url so the URL's might look like.

https://subnet.network.net/seaside/app/23/46/59

I have subclassed WARenderLoopMain and overwritten #start: .

If I input the url into the location bar with the trailing numbers
#start: can then parse them and send the user into the given location
but if my session expires while accessing the application #start:
does not get passes a request from the url they were at before the
expiration. It simply gets passed  https://subnet.network.net/seaside/
app .

Where is the code the redirects the user after the session expires ?
I am assuming that the expiration code just redirects to the base url
and I can easily fix the offending method. Would there be a better
way to fix my problem?

Thanks
Will