[Seaside] [Scriptaculous] Configure element's class frominsidetheupdater?

Lukas Renggli renggli at gmail.com
Tue Jun 27 19:04:34 UTC 2006

> 3. How do you define onSuccess? I've tried the following with the
> non-existing 'bag', but don't see the error in the Firefox's JavaScript
> console, which prompts me to think that its not being called. Am I using a
> wrong protocol for this? The request itself works just fine.
>
> (html request)
>   triggerForm: fid;
>   onSuccess: 'bah()';
>   yourself

3.1 The arguments passed to JavaScript objects get streamed out using
#asJavascript. This means 'blah()' gets transformed to a JavaScript
string literal, something you don't want in this case. If you need to
put raw code you can replace the string with something like SUStream
on: 'bla()' that will answer the right thing.

3.2 Event handlers expect something that can be converted to a
function. Most objects can be converted to a function, but sometimes
this is not really meaningful.

--
Lukas Renggli
http://www.lukas-renggli.ch