[Seaside] Re: Congrats to Dabble DB raising ~$2M

Yanni Chiu yanni at rogers.com
Wed Jun 28 02:47:15 UTC 2006

Avi Bryant wrote:
> Nonetheless it was pretty funny giving that talk knowing that this  was
> coming - we had prepared the abstract well before, of course, and  were
> bound by confidentiality agreements so couldn't change it.

Congrats, and I hope the VC's don't mess up a good thing (as is
their reputation). And thanks for blazing the trail, once again.
Hopefully more Smalltalk/Seaside is on the way.

BTW, I figured something was up, due to the long beta period,
and relative silence of late. My figuring was that big-$ were
on the table to buy the product, before the launch. But in
hindsight, notwithstanding the STS'06 talk, the VC funding is
a much more practical outcome.