[Seaside] Using updater on expired sessions?

Boris Popov boris at deepcovelabs.com
Fri Jun 30 17:26:04 UTC 2006

That'd be great, thanks Lukas.

DeepCove Labs Ltd.
4th floor 595 Howe Street
Vancouver, Canada V6C 2T5

boris at deepcovelabs.com

Thank you.

-----Original Message-----
From: seaside-bounces at lists.squeakfoundation.org
[mailto:seaside-bounces at lists.squeakfoundation.org] On Behalf Of Lukas
Sent: Friday, June 30, 2006 9:34 AM
To: The Squeak Enterprise Aubergines Server - general discussion.
Subject: Re: RE: [Seaside] Using updater on expired sessions?

> I haven't looked at scriptaculous documentation yet, but wouldn't timeouts
> trigger the onError handler?

No, not at the moment, because Seaside redirects requests to sessions
that timed out to the root of the application and this causes your
particular problem.

Triggering the onError handler would be a good solution: I do so for
XMLHttpRequest in Seaside2.6b1-lr.51 and it nicely solves the problem.
Thanks for contributing this idea. Note that this problem is not
related to script.aculo.us but to Seaside, so I only needed to change
this package.

Lukas Renggli
Seaside mailing list
Seaside at lists.squeakfoundation.org