[Seaside] What's the difference and why??

Brian Brown rbb at techgame.net
Wed Mar 1 04:49:13 UTC 2006

Yes, I meant to put that in my response, but forgot to.... you need
to implement the #children message on MyWebApp like:

children
	^ Array with: menuArea with: mainPage with: loginArea

Also, What I do now for login is like so (this is 2.6 Canvas
rendering syntax, but you get the idea):

renderContentOn: html
	html heading: 'Welcome to my world' level: 3.

	self session loggedUser isNil
		ifFalse: [

			html div
				class: 'navigation';
				with: [html render: navWidget]
			html div
				class: 'mainPage';
				with: [html render: mainPage].

	html div
		class: 'footer';
		with: [html render: loginWidget].

So the footer always gets rendered, but if there is no valid session
user, then the navWidget and mainPage do not get rendered.

I've been meaning to publish my login widgets and such, but haven't
gotten around to it yet ;)

Brian