[Seaside] Two more stupid questions:

Dmitry Dorofeev dima-sender-3c337a at yasp.com
Wed Mar 1 12:22:37 UTC 2006

Rich Warren wrote:
> I'm sure I've seen at least one of these somewhere before, but google
> is failing me. So please excuse the following stupid questions:
>
> 1) If I want my application served entirely via seaside/Kom, is there
> any way to have it be the default page? e.g. When you navigate to
> localhost:9090/ it would bring up my application.
>
> 2) (The possibly less-stupid question) I've created a component with
> several subcomponents. Everything displays fine. However, when I  toggle
> the halo and try to click on any of the icons in any sub- component, I
> get the following error (or something similar):

This information should update Seaside FAQ please.
there are 2 ways to do it with Apache. Still don't know if it is possible with Seaside/Kom only.
1. mod_rewrite (Apache 2.x)

RewriteEngine on
RewriteRule   (.*) http://localhost:9999/seaside/myapp$1        [P,L]

In case you want to have access to static files and made them served by Apache:

RewriteEngine on
RewriteCond     %{REQUEST_URI}  !^/static
RewriteRule   (.*) http://localhost:9997/seaside/myapp$1        [P,L]
Alias /static /home/loop/static

2. mod_proxy
# !!!! SECURITY WARNING !!!!
# you MUST turn it off, overwise your server will be open as public proxy
# If you are ready to be a free proxy for everybody, turn it on :-)
ProxyRequests Off

UseCanonicalName Off

# If may setup a separate virtual host to serve static files
ProxyPass       /static/ http://static.files.com/

#You still may access config, just in case
ProxyPass       /seaside/config         http://localhost:9999/seaside/config

# Your app here
ProxyPass       /       http://localhost:9999/seaside/myapp/