[Seaside] activity logs - any ideas?

Yanni Chiu yanni at rogers.com
Wed Mar 1 16:33:35 UTC 2006

The web access log kept on seasidehosting.st sites is
probably written by the Apache frontend. Most website URLs,
when logged in this manner can give useful information
(and there's lots of log processing tools available).

I'd like to get an idea of what users are looking at
on the site, but the log, as is, does not yield much info.

I see two approaches:

1. Change my app to have more meaninful URLs. I know there's
    ways to do that in Seaside, but I've not tried them yet.

2. Instrument the app to emit a log in Apache format (to take
    advantage of existing tools).

What do others do?
Which of 1 or 2 turns out to be easier?