[Seaside] Re: [ANN] Seaside Tutorial

Lukas Renggli renggli at gmail.com
Fri Mar 3 20:55:16 UTC 2006

Hi,

> I will be giving a two days "Seaside Tutorial" the 24th and 25th
> February 2006 at the Nordakademie in Hamburg, Germany. It will be
> given in german, but the slides, examples and exercises are all in
> english. If somebody is interested to attend you should contact the
> Nordakademie.

I just came home from the Seaside Tutorial in Germany, everything went
well during those two days and I am quite happy with the results.
Again the students had to fill a feedback form at the end of the
course that I would like to share the results with you. To give a
comparison I provide the results of the last years course (2005, first
value) and this years course (2006, second value). 18 / 17 students
filled the feedback form, there were 20 / 21 registered attendees.

Note that my intention is not to advertise the tutorial, what I want
to do is to show that anybody knowledgeable in Seaside is able to
successfully spread our technology to beginners. Anybody that wants to
give a Seaside course anywhere in the world can take my slides,
exercises, and solutions and do something that helps to get people
aware of Seaside. This is the goal. The next thing to do, is to find a
way to improve the values in Question 2b. Any ideas?

1. selection of topics:
- too simple, nothing new: 0% / 0%
- right, well understandable: 100% / 100%
- too difficult, too many prerequisites: 0% / 0%

2a. personal profit:
- very high: 47% / 39%
- high: 47% / 50%
- low: 6% / 11%
- very low: 0%

2b. profit for work:
- very high: 0% / 0%
- high: 29% / 28%
- low: 59% / 61%
- very low: 12% / 17%
(comments: smalltalk is dead, seaside is not used in our company, we
only use SAP, dead technology)

3. possibility of interaction:
- yes, question were answered: 100% / 94%
- adequate, some questions were answered: 0% / 6%
- no, questions were not answered: 0% / 0%

4. instructor:
- convincing in matter and person: 100% / 94%
- not completely convincing: 0% / 6%
- not convincing: 0% / 0%

5. length of the tutorial:
- should be shorter: 0% / 0%
- exactly right size: 67% / 59%
- should be longer: 33% / 41%

6. satisfaction:
- very satisfied: 67% / 76%
- satisfied: 33% / 24%
- not really satisfied: 0% / 0%
- not satisfied at all: 0% / 0%

7. accolade, criticism
- cool
- great, want to learn more
- I would like to attend another tutorial with advanced topics
- Seaside is very powerful, introduction well structured
- excellent exercises, good support
- I am impressed by the technology
- nice instructor (was this written by a girl?) ;-)
- ...

8. overal grade (1 very good - 6 very bad)
1.39 / 1.29

--
Lukas Renggli
http://www.lukas-renggli.ch