[Seaside] Re: activity logs - any ideas?

Lukas Renggli renggli at gmail.com
Sat Mar 4 11:43:35 UTC 2006

> BTW, the web access log on seasidehosting.st appears to log
> the virtual host name in the first position where the visiting
> IP address is expected. Is this an Apache mis-configuration?

No, it is an combined vhost log-file (see
<http://httpd.apache.org/docs/2.0/logs.html#virtualhost>):

LogFormat "%{Host}i %l %u %t \"%r\" %>s %b \"%{Referer}i\"
\"%{User-agent}i\"" vcombined
CustomLog /var/log/apache2/access.log vcombined

However I realize that this might be inconvenient for most people and
log-analyzer tools, so the host-name is now stripped off. Tell me if
this is better now.

Cheers,
Lukas

--