[Seaside] Re: [ANN] Seaside Tutorial

Serge Stinckwich Serge.Stinckwich at info.unicaen.fr
Mon Mar 6 14:24:55 UTC 2006

Lukas Renggli a écrit :
> Hi,
>
>> I will be giving a two days "Seaside Tutorial" the 24th and 25th
>> February 2006 at the Nordakademie in Hamburg, Germany. It will be
>> given in german, but the slides, examples and exercises are all in
>> english. If somebody is interested to attend you should contact the
>> Nordakademie.
>
> I just came home from the Seaside Tutorial in Germany, everything went
> well during those two days and I am quite happy with the results.
> Again the students had to fill a feedback form at the end of the
> course that I would like to share the results with you. To give a
> comparison I provide the results of the last years course (2005, first
> value) and this years course (2006, second value). 18 / 17 students
> filled the feedback form, there were 20 / 21 registered attendees.
>
> Note that my intention is not to advertise the tutorial, what I want
> to do is to show that anybody knowledgeable in Seaside is able to
> successfully spread our technology to beginners. Anybody that wants to
> give a Seaside course anywhere in the world can take my slides,
> exercises, and solutions and do something that helps to get people
> aware of Seaside. This is the goal. The next thing to do, is to find a
> way to improve the values in Question 2b. Any ideas?

Thanks you for the slides, Lukas.

I will soon make my own Seaside tutorial in the north of France for two
days in April. This is a workshop about the tools that can be use to
teach web programming in the university courses (more precisely in
french Institute of Technology). Look here for details :
http://webmaub.univ-valenciennes.fr/infospratiques/

Sorry only in french.

Maybe, we can put a page on seaside.st for the promotion of Seaside
tutorials and courses ?

PS : i have no real answer for question 2b. Just make noise about
Seaside, everywhere !

--                                                         oooo
Dr. Serge Stinckwich                                     OOOOOOOO
Université de Caen>CNRS UMR 6072>GREYC>MAD               OOESUGOO
http://purl.org/net/SergeStinckwich                       oooooo
Smalltalkers do: [:it | All with: Class, (And love: it)]   \  /
                                                             ##