[Seaside] How to load my own CSS files...

Rick Flower rickf at ca-flower.com
Mon Mar 6 22:31:28 UTC 2006

Michel Bany wrote:
> Rick Flower a écrit :
>> For the time being, since I couldn't figure out how to do it, I just
>> cut-n-pasted the contents of my css files
>> into my top-level style method, which achieves the same goal, but is
>> not really what I'd like to do overall.
>

> Still, I see a big benefit in having the css stylesheets implemented
> as Smalltalk code.
> The versions of the css stylesheets and the version of the code are
> guaranteed to be in synch.
> Did you consider using style libraries ?
No.. Can you elaborate what a style library is?  I think one of the
reasons I like to modify my stylesheets
as an external entity from the Seaside environment is that it's easier
and frequently nicer to use a CSS
editor to see in realtime what sorts the settings will look like without
using the browser.  However, I'm
intrigued by the concept of a library of styles.. I'm open to using
something new and thinking about
things in a different manner -- that's how I stumbled across Seaside &
Smalltalk and now have the
entire front-end of my application running in no short order!

-- Rick