[Seaside] Re: [ANN] Seaside Tutorial

Yann Monclair yann at monclair.info
Tue Mar 7 07:25:35 UTC 2006

Yanni Chiu a écrit :

> Seasidehosting is a great step. The hosting facility is fine.
> But I don't see a lot of apps yet. Has not enough time elapsed,
> or is building a Seaside app still too hard? Don't know the
> answer. Earlier, on seasidehosting, I counted 63 sites, but
> only 16 running (one of them www itself). Of the 16, only 7 had
> an app linked from the default path. Of those, 3 were Pier apps.
I have been using Smalltalk for more than 4 years now. And I must admit
I find seaside hard. I have the idea of the html code I want to be
generated. I believe I know enough Smalltalk to express my idea in
Smalltalk. But I always get stuck with little problems, how to do this,
how to do that.

The different tutorials on Seaside I found explained very basic examples
(f.e. the counter). I am trying to make a website to replace my current
blog (using a php app). I just want a small webpage, with menus on the
side and 1, or 2 at most, entries.

I think a tutorial showing how to reverse engineer from the html to the
seaside would be nice. I would bet most of the people interested to try
out seaside already know html, possibly php, or even $(whatever) Server
Pages.

I had given up on seaside, but seasidehosting gave me the will to pick
up seaside again.

Yann

Yann Monclair		-- Email: Yann at monclair.info
2, rue Camille Claudel	-- Phone: +33 298 979323
29900 Concarneau	-- Cell : +33 663 948092
FRANCE			-- WWW  : http://yann.monclair.info