[Seaside] Re: Rails and Seaside

Brad Fuller brad at sonaural.com
Tue Mar 7 20:53:06 UTC 2006

Jan Szumiec wrote:
> Brad Fuller wrote:
>>
>>> I got VNC working, no problem. First, I installed RFBServer,
>>> configured it with a password, and started it through the menu with
>>> the display number set to 0.
>>> Then, I ran vncviewer, and everything works as expected ;) I wonder
>>> how much effort it would take to send events between windows on remote
>>> images, instead of sending bitmap updates. I think that's how Windows'
>>> remote desktop works, and it is way more responsive than VNC.
>>>
>> what platform are you running both on? Both of mine are Linux.
>>

> I was running both on Windows. I didn't change any settings for
> vncviewer, just put in 'hostname:0'.
I just tried vncviewer 4.1.1 on windows and I receive the same error:
"Unknown rect encoding"

So, maybe it's a RFB server issue on linux.

Again: it works fine RFB to RFB, but not with vncviewer on linux nor on
windows.

I just tried TightVNC viewer and it works ok. Hmm...

--

*Brad Fuller*
+1 (408) 799-6124