[Seaside] Re: [ANN] Seaside Tutorial

Wilkes Joiner wilkesjoiner at gmail.com
Wed Mar 8 17:53:07 UTC 2006

On 3/8/06, stephane ducasse <stephane.ducasse at free.fr> wrote:
> Please do a video. We even bought the software so that Avi would do a
> video but this will never happen :).
> So someone should do it :).
>
> Stef
>
> On 6 mars 06, at 23:46, Yanni Chiu wrote:
>
> > We could benefit from the equivalent to Ruby on Rails video,
> > if it's possible. It would demostrate the simple stuff is easy.

I was going to release a Smalltalk On Sails (SoS) video on April 1st,
as an April Fool's joke.  However the code and tools seem to be pretty
useful and may merit being released with a different name of course.
If I keep moving forward on this, I may scrap the joke and release
something real.

I basically subclassed Cee's Refractoring Browser and use it to
generate all the CRUD stuff that the Rails scripts do.  It uses the
OmniBaseSupport package for persistence.

Here are some links to a 5 minute video to give you an idea:

http://wilkesjoiner.com/sos.mov (12.3MB)
http://wilkesjoiner.com/sos-h264.mov (5.9MB requires QT7)
http://wilkesjoiner.com/sos-h264-800x600 (4.5 MB requires QT7)