[Seaside] Re: [ANN] Seaside Tutorial

Jason Rogers jacaetevha at gmail.com
Thu Mar 9 04:14:03 UTC 2006

Wilkes,

That really is great!  Thank you for doing it in the first place.  I
would love to get my hands on it for future apps.  I have already
written 4 commercial apps in Seaside and I can tell you something like
this might have saved me a lot of time.  Like Stephane said, I hate
building UserInterfaces!

You also might consider plugging Magritte into the framework.

So, are you going to "release" this on April 1 or no?  If so, how do
you plan on releasing it?  I will gladly add a link to the News
section of the squeak website if you want.

On 3/8/06, Wilkes Joiner <wilkesjoiner at gmail.com> wrote:
> On 3/8/06, stephane ducasse <stephane.ducasse at free.fr> wrote:
> > Please do a video. We even bought the software so that Avi would do a
> > video but this will never happen :).
> > So someone should do it :).
> >
> > Stef
> >
> > On 6 mars 06, at 23:46, Yanni Chiu wrote:
> >
> > > We could benefit from the equivalent to Ruby on Rails video,
> > > if it's possible. It would demostrate the simple stuff is easy.
>
> I was going to release a Smalltalk On Sails (SoS) video on April 1st,
> as an April Fool's joke.  However the code and tools seem to be pretty
> useful and may merit being released with a different name of course.
> If I keep moving forward on this, I may scrap the joke and release
> something real.
>
> I basically subclassed Cee's Refractoring Browser and use it to
> generate all the CRUD stuff that the Rails scripts do.  It uses the
> OmniBaseSupport package for persistence.
>
> Here are some links to a 5 minute video to give you an idea:
>
> http://wilkesjoiner.com/sos.mov (12.3MB)
> http://wilkesjoiner.com/sos-h264.mov (5.9MB requires QT7)
> http://wilkesjoiner.com/sos-h264-800x600 (4.5 MB requires QT7)

Jason Rogers

"Where there is no vision, the people perish..."
    Proverbs 29:18