[Seaside] Components with Common Style

Zulq Alam zulq at orange.net
Sun Mar 12 04:52:50 UTC 2006

Hi,

I'm relatively new to Squeak and Smalltalk so forgive me if this post is
not appropriate.

I have a bunch of components that I want style identically.

Rather than override #style in the same way for each of these components
I created a superclass that handles this.

This works and I get that big grin when Seaside has just done something
cool.

Something troubles me though. When I edit the styles of a displayed
component of this type through my web browser #style is copied from the
superclass to the subclass.

I guess I'm concerned that I'm doing something inherently bad by sharing
my style sheets this way and this is just a symptom.

Perhaps this is just the way the editor works?

Regards,
Zulq.