[Seaside] Logging out a session (and doing any necessary cleanup)..

William Harford seaside at harford.org
Fri Mar 17 18:19:23 UTC 2006

On Mar 17, 2006, at 12:00 PM, Rick Flower wrote:

> Hi all.. Just curious what message I need to send or whatever other
> steps are needed in order to logout a session that is subclassed
> from WASession?

#expire.

> In this case, I'm not referring to timed out sessions, but rather
> implicit logouts.. This would allow me to cleanup any crud that was
> session specific (database connections, etc), etc.

I am not sure if expire cleans up a session when called but...

> On a side note, if I've got a database connection open (in my
> session object) and the session times out over a period of time, is
> there a way to get some sort of callback to allow my application to
> do its necessary cleanup or is there some sort of magic behind the
> scenes that takes care of it for me automatically (like when the
> session is destroyed after the timeout is detected)?

Define #unregistered in your session. #unregistered is called when a
session is destroyed. Expired sessions are destroyed every 20th time
(I think) a new session is created.

If you need something that does not allow your expired sessions to
linger around so much you can run a background process that checks
for expired sessions. There was an example posted on this list a
while ago and I can't seem to locate it.

Would someone be able to post example code of a background reaper
process for seaside sessions ?