[Seaside] Minimal Squeak 3.8 image and how to stop an image to grow

Florian Minjat florian.minjat at emn.fr
Wed Mar 22 16:43:02 UTC 2006

Hi,
   As I am trying to put a seaside app on a professional server, the
problem of the size needed for Squeak+Seaside occured. I searched
through the mailing list and the internet, and found many ways to
shrink the image, but each seems non trivial. So before trying to do
it myself, has anyone already done a small usable image for Seaside ?

   And finally, my seaside app begins to be pretty big and I noticed
that the image grows on time. My first idea is that there are a lot of
memory leak, like obsolete instances with references which are not
collected by the GC. So are there tools to monitor all the instances
of the image and to find the cause of the problem ? All ideas are
welcomed :).

Thanks in advance,

Florian