[Seaside] Changing root path of seaside to something other than /seaside/go/mywebapp

Rick Flower rickf at ca-flower.com
Thu Mar 23 18:16:39 UTC 2006

Hi all.. I'm playing games with reverse proxies and found one that is
easy to configure, but I don't believe it allows address rewriting like
Apache does.. To that end, I'm wondering if I've got a static Seaside
image that runs as part of a VW environment, has anyone tried forcing
the internal web server that spits out Seaside pages to have an address
of "/" instead of "/seaside/go/mywebapp"?  I would assume that if this
is possible most URLs would look something like
"localhost:8008/?_s=NNNNN..." or similar instead of
"localhost:8008/seaside/go/mywebapp/?_s=NNNNN...".

So, is this possible and if so how?  Is this a matter of closing down
the internal VW web server and using vanilla Kom instead with some tweaks?

Also -- if this is more oriented towards VW and not really Seaside
specific, then I'll be happy to pester the VW folks..

Thanks!

-- Rick